Pine Grove Township resolution ready to fight solar farms
- May 24, 2023 12:09 pm GMT
PINE GROVE TOWNSHIP - With the growing trend of solar farms coming around the area and the country, Pine Grove Township will work on strengthening their zoning ordinance to help them have more say on them coming in.
At the township's board of supervisors meeting on
Upon hearing rumors about developers looking at areas of the township that could support such a farm, township officials began looking at their zoning ordinance to see what they can do to help regulate the matter, but found the ordinance to be a little outdated.
"When the ordinance was made, things like this was not thought of or may not have existed," DiNicola said. "The resolution will help keep a bit of control with us as the township strengthens the ordinance.
The resolution's first paragraph reads: "Whereas, the
The resolution was passed at the
In other business at the
- The township will speak with Tremont Ambulance about providing Advanced Life Support services to the township after the
- In updates on the public works department projects, Sattizahn said that they are working to get the materials together for the
- Schuylkill Paving was awarded a bid to seal the walking path at the Recreation Area and are still getting quotes for the draining of the soccer fields.
- The board gave permission for a government vehicle to park on township property for two months to help veterans in the area.
No other details were provided.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network® is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.